All calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for the purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for the purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Reply to the Email, having typed the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored on a computer or mobile device. There are different types of cookies and the purpose of them varies along with the expiration of the cookie. Browser settings can be changed to block all or certain types of cookies.
What are cookies used for?
These files can be used to enhance a users experience of using a website and by storing preferences
Can be essential for shopping carts/baskets and online shopping
Logging in and out of an online account which can use authentication cookies
For analytical purposes to determine how users navigate a website, how long each page has been viewed, new vs returning visitor, where the visitor has found the site (clicked through from)
Terms and Conditions for Website Usage
The term ‘Online Garage Doors Spares Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 320 West Barnes Lane, Motspur Park, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 6NB. Our company registration number is 02010184. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice
- These files can be used to enhance a user’s experience of using a website and by storing preferences
- Can be essential for shopping cart/baskets and online shopping
- Logging in and out of an online account which can use authentication cookies
- For analytical purposes to determine how users navigate a website, how long each page has been viewed, new vs. returning visitor, where the visitor has found the site (clicked through from)
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s)
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
Using this website:
This website was designed with both usability and accessibility principles in mind. The site can be used with a variety of adaptive technologies used by people with disabilities, such as screen readers.
The Display Settings facility is designed to provide maximum accessibility for all users of this website. You can change the Text Colour, Background Colour and Text Size of the website as required, using a range of high contrast options.
You can select one or multiple options and can set these to your desired combination as follows:
How to choose your Display Settings:
- In the very top left hand corner of the every page you’ll see the link Display Settings. Click on this link and you are taken to the Display Settings page.
- On the screen you’ll also see a preview of the web page you were previously viewing.
- On the left hand side you will see three drop down menus:
- Text Colour – To view the website with a different text colour, select an option from the drop down menu and click on ‘Preview’. In the preview window you’ll see the web page change to reflect the change you have made.
- Background Colour – To view the website with a different background colour, select an option from the drop down menu and click on ‘Preview’. In the preview window you’ll see the web page change to reflect the change you have made.
- Text Size – To view the website with a different text size, select an option from the drop down menu and click on ‘Preview’. In the preview window you’ll see the web page change to reflect the change you have made.
Saving your settings:
Once you are happy with the settings you have chosen, click on ‘Save’ and you will be returned to the page you were viewing, with your preferred setting.
Returning to Default:
To return the website to the default style, click on ‘Display settings’ again and change each drop down menu back to ‘Default’ then hit ‘Save’.
Adjusting the text size:
If the text on the site is too small for comfortable reading, you can make it bigger by using the ‘Display Settings’ function at the top left of every page.
Alternatively, in Internet Explorer select the View option, then Text Size and then your preferred size. Or if using Netscape, select the View option, then Text Zoom, followed by your preferred percentage size option.
- For ease of use, the following navigational tools are in use:
- The website has been divided into a number of major sections, grouped by subject.
- Menus are displayed on the left hand side of the pages.
- In the top right hand corner a Site Search facility is available. Search using the word or SKU, is known.
- At the top of each page is a link to the Home page
- At the bottom of the page is a site map which lists every page of the site.
- Bread crumb– below the header is a bread crumb which shows the path back from the page you are viewing to the Home page.
Online Garage Door Spares GDPR Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains in clear language, how Online Garage Door Spares uses the personal information we collect from Data Subjects, either through using our website, our subsidiary companies, or in any other way, electronically, verbally or in writing.
Online Garage Door Spares, is a data controller and James Wright is Online Garage Door Spares’s nominated Data Controller. James can be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone number +44 (0)1293 652472.
On what basis do we collect and process your data? (known as lawful processing)
Data Privacy law defines the basis by which we can lawfully collect and process personal data. For our data processing purposes, we have determined the following:
To enter into or in pursuance of a Contract:
We will collect personal data when engaging with individuals to enter into a contract, such as an employment contract or commercial agreement. We will continue to process that data for the duration and often subsequently after the contract expires or is terminated.
We will collect and process personal data where it is in the legitimate interest of Access Garage Doors Ltd to do so. Specifically, we use legitimate interest in relation to our clients and in order to identify prospective clients and if engaged, we continue to process personal data to manage our commercial relationship. This will include but not limited to the continued processing (retention) of records of our transactions and interactions. A legitimate Interest Assessment has been conducted to ensure that the legitimate interests of the organisation does not outweigh that of the data subject. The data collected will not be used for any unlawful or unethical purpose.
Online Garage Door Spares undertakes marketing activities in order to inform current and potential customers of the latest products and services we offer as well as upgrades and servicing options of the products they might already have purchased from us. The purpose of this marketing is to grow our business.
Business to Business – We conduct business to business (B2B) direct marketing in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) 2003. In order for us to comply with the PECR and the General Data Protection Regulations we have conducted a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA) to ensure our marketing activities do not put at risk, the rights and freedoms of data subjects. This LIA will be reviewed regularly as we undertake marketing campaigns.
As we conduct B2B marketing, we do not require consent, however, as a data subject receiving these communications via email, you have the right to object to receiving marketing material and will have the option to opt out on every marketing email you receive.
Business to Customer – We also conduct business to customer (B2C) direct marketing in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) 2003. In order for us to comply with the PECR and the General Data Protection Regulations we collect the consent of data subjects (sole traders, individual subscribers and other partnerships). In providing us with consent to receive direct electronic marketing, you will have the ability to object and opt out of further marketing at any time.
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
Online Garage Door Spares. share personal data with service providers such as accountants, payroll providers and insurance brokers.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries including our retail outlets) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
Also, we may share your personal information with printing and mailing companies, as well as email service providers and other delivery companies.
Financial transactions relating to our website, online 3rd party outlets and stores are handled by our card payment service providers PayPal, Sage Pay and World Pay. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
We may disclose your personal data with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud or where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or in connection with the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Data is transferred within the EEA and the USA. The USA’s ‘Privacy Shield’ data protection framework has been approved by the EU data protection working party to process EU citizen personal data. We use the services of an accredited cloud hosted data backup service who are based in the USA. This organisation is accredited by the US Privacy Shield Framework.
Online Garage Door Spares does process sensitive data as defined by Article 9 of the GDPR. This is restricted to employee health data and is used for the purposes of entering into a contract. We use this data to ensure we can comply with any relevant workplace legislation and to discharge our duty of care.
Online Garage Door Spares processes non-sensitive data.
We process the following data of our customers:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Fax No.
- Credit reference
- Credit card details
We process the following data of sub-contractors:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Bank Account
- UTR/ NI numbers
We process the following data of our suppliers:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Bank Account
We collect data in relation to your communications and interaction with us. This can include emails, text messaging, postal service delivery, social media posting or any other form of communication. In addition to the lawful purpose described previously for the above categories, we have a legitimate interest purpose to collect and retain this data to enable and improve our communication and for record keeping purposes.
The data we collect directly from you is the minimum we require to facilitate the lawful processing described above. Personally Identifiable Data placed on our system will be deleted in accordance with legal obligations, such as HMRC rules. Outside of that Online Garage Door Spares has developed a retention policy to ensure personal data is held only for as long as is required for the purpose we collected it or for our legitimate purposes.
We store data within our own physical network. Our data is backed up to an accredited cloud hosted service, based in the US.
Security of data is provided by the accreditations of our cloud host this includes data backup regimes. Our servers and computer terminals have industry standard firewalls, antivirus and anti-malware installed and updated. We have a process in place to mitigate the impact of any data breach that should occur.
The regulations provide a number of rights to you as the Data Subject. Access Garage Doors Ltd is committed to upholding those rights and those applicable to the personal information we collect and process are listed below. In addition to these rights, you have the right to escalate any concern to the Supervisory Authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk. A full and detailed explanation of all rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- Right of Access – you have the right to know what personal information is held, by whom and why
- The Right to Rectification – If the information we have collected and processed is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in some specific situations
- Right to Restrict Processing – If you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, we will restrict the processing of your data until accuracy is verified
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to move, duplicate or transfer your data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to profiling and direct marketing
- You also have rights in relation to automated decision making
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory body, The Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk
A subsidiary of Online Garage Door Spares does utilise the services of lenders who make automated decisions in relation to applications, by its trade customers, for credit terms. This automated decision making is used to determine credit worthiness of trade customers and is necessary for the entering into or pursuance of a contract.
You can write to us at this address:
Online Garage Door Spares
You can telephone us on this number:
+44 (0)1293 652472
You can email us by using this link: